Vans Warped Tour has been one of my favorite days of summer since I was 15- only missing 2 times in 12 years . I missed last year because I was in a wedding, so I am super stoked that I can go back this year at the Merriweather date. This is especially due to the fact that the lineup is pretty much just all my favorite bands in one day. I’m looking forward to:
Less Than Jake
New Found Glory
Reel Big Fish
We The Kings
I’m actually afraid I won’t be able to see everyone, but I’ll try my hardest. I was talking to one of my newer concert buddies who has never gone to Warped Tour before, and her questions about the day of the show got me thinking maybe I should do a Warped Tour/ festival checklist as a refresher. I’m gone to enough of these things that I’ve learned a bit about the best way to navigate a sizzling hot festival with ease.
What to wear/ bring:
- Arizona Lovecore Black Tank Top Rep your favorite band!
- Joe Fresh Active Yoga Short – Black Yoga shorts stay comfy when it’s hot out- I get sick of denim really fast. Personal preference.
- 50th Authentic by Vans WITH socks. Please don’t try to skip the socks. I did that one time because I was annoyed with my socks showing and ended the day with no skin on my heels. Never again.
- Popsicles Printed Backpack Backpack over purse- you’ll collect a lot of swag that you’ll get sick of slinging over your shoulders.
- S’ip by S’well Spearmint Green Stainless Steel Water Bottle 15oz Leave it empty until you get there. More on that later.
- FOREVER 21 Heart Print Phone Charger I HIGHLY recommend a portable charger for life in general, but between pictures + meeting up with buddies + following bands on twitter- your phone is going to die.
- BP. Metallic Trucker Hat Sunnies are great, but I get sick of them slipping off my sweaty face. Hats are forever.
- Beauty & the Beach Heart Sunnies …but I would suggest a fun pair of sunnies anyway
- Ultra Repair® Pure Mineral Sunscreen Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 40 Even if it’s cloudy, make sure you use sunscreen. Bring it with you and touch up as needed.
- Bring an empty water bottle with you. Warped Tour, and I think most festivals now, have free water filling stations so you can and should stay hydrated. My venue usually makes people pour out their bottles at the gate to make sure nobody is trying to bring in alcohol.
- If you do choose to drink alcohol while at the festival, remember you’re in there for the long haul. You don’t want to end up hung over before noon at all during the day. Plus, that’s really counter-intuitive if you’re trying to stay hydrated. Honestly, for the past couple that I’ve gone to, I’ve chosen to spend my money elsewhere than on drinks. You do you, but be responsible.
- Eat something before you go and at least once while you’re in the festival, even if you don’t want to. You’ll keep up your strength for the rest of the day.
- Sunscreen is your pal, burning is no fun.
- I’ve crowd surfed and have been subsequently dropped. On my head. It hurts. But if the medic tent give you Tylenol, they have to med vac you. Ain’t nobody got time for that. Bring a little travel bottle of meds in case you get a headache for any reason.
- Comfy shoes may not seem like a safety issue, but they are. Stay away from Toms + flip flops because you’ll be hoofin’ it and why be in pain?
What to do:
- Find your favorite bands’ tents when you get in- you’ll find out about meet and greets and such there. Plus, your faves may just be hanging out and meeting their fans!
- Feed Our Children NOW! will be accepting donations of (3) canned goods (Cannot be dented or expired cans), a $5 donation or a used cell phone. Bring your donation to the Feed Our Children NOW! tent, located by the main entrance gates near the Express Entry flag, to receive your Express Entry wristband. All donations go to feed hungry children in each city and fund their youth empowerment programs!
- Pace yourself and know that you probably won’t be able to see and do everything. It’s one day!
- Go with an open mind. I’ve made some great friends just by standing in line at Warped Tour.
- Check out vendor tents but don’t feel a need to buy everything. So. Many. Shirt options.
- Be kind to your fellow concert-goers. You’re all in this sweaty mess together for one reason- you love the music. Make a friend or 2, and live in the moment.
You can also check out their official list of tips here.
Have you been to Warped Tour? What are your tips?